Friday, March 31, 2017

Rainy Days and Motivation

Today it is raining buckets.  We haven't had a good rain in a while so I guess you can say that its much needed.  unfortunately rain means gray skies and staying indoors.  No UV light to make that vital vitamin D.  With all that you may just feel like sitting in front of the TV and doing nothing.

First of all its okay to do that once in a while, but if you live in a place where it rains a lot that could lead to some pretty bad habits.  I know that I woke up with a crunchy throat indicating that a cold was coming on as well.  I could have used that as an excuse, but I have been back on track for the last 5 days and I don't want to torpedo my progress right now.

So instead I buckled in and got to my program.  I did my workout, I am logging my food and I have gotten all the outside of the house errands done.  Its only 1:30.  Yeah I still need to do the dishes and vacuum, but that will be following right after I finish this.  When I was out I went and bought some
Cold- Eeze.  Hopefully this will help me to be done with my cold by Monday and I won't miss a beat with my workout.  That's the plan at least.

Its days like this that you may have to reach deep inside you for the motivation to get things done.  I know that even with all I have gotten done so far,  I am still much less motivated than I would be on a brighter day.  So what can you do to push yourself into getting things done when you just don't want to?

Try calling a friend.  Not to chat but to say you are needing a little help with getting things done.  Ask them to call you back in an hour to see if you have gotten going.

Put on some great tunes.  Music can help you to have the energy to get moving and get things done.

Decide on a reward to give yourself when everything is all done.  Like you can have a bubble bath, a piece of chocolate or something else that might motivate you.

Give yourself 10 minutes.  Tell yourself that you will just stick with it for 10 minutes.  Once that 10 minutes has happened you will find that the momentum you gained by doing helps you to keep going past that 10 minutes.

All I know is that for today, I just have a few things more to do and then I can curl up in a blanket and rest while I try to fight off this cold as best I can.

Hope these tips help to motivate you through your next rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment