Saturday, March 18, 2017

Living and working with integrity



I believe in having integrity in all that I do.  That means that as a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, that I live my beliefs 7 days a week and not just on Sundays.  I believe in loving God with all my heart, mind and might.  I also believe in loving my neighbor as myself.

What does this mean exactly.  Everything that I do reflects my belief system.  As I deal with others I realize that there are things that they may do that I don't agree with.  I can still interact with them and treat them with respect.  Not everyone has the same values and standards that I do.  It doesn't mean that I won't stand up for what I believe in.  I believe in being honest with my fellow man in all that I do.  That means that I won't follow deceptive business practices like telling someone they won something when you offer it to all new prospects or stating something is free and then charging a shipping and handling fee.  I believe that those practices are wrong so I won't do them.  Others don't have the same standard and doing these practices does not mean that they have no integrity.

For me integrity means that you do what you say and you live what you believe.  Not everyone has the same standards as I, so integrity means different things to other people.  If you are thinking about how you conduct your life affects others in a positive way and not just how it will affect you, then you are living with integrity.

If you want to get ahead in business or your personal life, you will find that living with integrity,(Having a set of values and sticking to them)will get you a whole lot farther than if you don't.  Live with integrity.  People will trust you more and you will have more friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment