Monday, July 3, 2017

Review and Comparison: Keto O/S VS. Plexus

I decided to do a little experiment.  I had been hearing about this Keto O/S by Pruvit as a weight loss miracle supplement.  I will have to admit that I had lost faith in my Plexus products.  So I did a 4 week experiement. All four weeks I did a low carb, low calorie, Ketogenic diet and all 4 weeks I worked out 6 out of 7 days.

Week 1 was a low carb ketogenic diet only: 5 pound weight loss
Week 2 added 5 days of Keto O/S: 5 pound weight loss
Week 3 was back to  just the low carb ketogenic diet: result 3 pound weight loss
Week 4 was the newly formulated Plexus slim:  inch loss but no weight loss

Here are some factors that may have affected the results.  You always lose more weight the 1st week of a new diet program and that lessens over the time of of any diet.  Bodies often go through plateaus.  If you don't eat enough calories your body may hold on to fat because it thinks you are starving.

This trial was only for a short time so it is no indication of long term results.

Here are some other things that I noticed.  It did take a lot of will power to get through the 1st week of the ketogenic diet.  The 3rd and 4th day were the worst with the sugar and carb cravings, but it got easier after that.  Eating only meat and a few veggies got a little boring although I did find some low carb sweet fat bomb recipes that helped.

With the Plexus slim I didn't lose weight, but I did lose inches.  I also had more energy than any of the other 3 weeks and felt better overall.  I found myself waking up before my alarm went off about the 3rd day.

As you can see with this short experiment the results are open for interpretation.  Personally I think that it was too short to come to any conclusions, but if I had to I would say that yes Keto O/S works if your focus is on weight loss.  For a long term health solution I felt better on the Plexus.

If anything I restored my faith in my Plexus products and can once again share my experiences and products with confidence.

Here is my concerns with Keto O/S.  A Ketogenic diet is not recommended for a lifestyle change.  In fact if you get books on the diet you will find that there is a time limit placed on following the diet.  Keto O/S is supposed to keep you in ketosis even if you are not eating a ketogenic diet, but I have a promoter who states it makes all other supplements obsolete.  When you are not getting a lot of carbs there are vitamins that you are missing out on such as B complex.  So if you are going to do this you do need a good multi-vitamin and B complex supplements.  Keto O/S does contain prebiotics but no probiotics so it does do some benefit for gut health but not completely.  Even the promoter I talked to said taking an additional probiotic was a good idea.

Overall the best diet is the one that you can stick with and that works for you.  Keto O/S will work for some people and so will Plexus.  The one that works best for you I can't say.

No comments:

Post a Comment