Saturday, March 4, 2017

Milestone marker in this great journey called life

So today is a big day for me.  Why, you ask?  Well for two reasons 1 year ago today I made the decision to try some nutritional supplements as a wholesale buyer.  That decision has radically changed my life.  I have been posting about transition, transformation and evolution.  I got that from one of the many business building and self help books that I have been reading.  Last year at this time I had only 94 Facebook friends.  My day consisted of taking care of my household, my family and then reading during any and all free time that I could find.  If I had to go be around people I would come home mentally and physically exhausted.  Basically I was living some kind of half life and merely existing in the world.

Lets fast forward to today.  Today I have close to 700 Facebook friends.  I am actively involved with a home school Co-op as a teacher,  I belong to several women's groups,  I have been asked to head up a book club for church, and I rarely spend an entire weekend at home.  Being around people is energizing instead of taxing.  What a radical difference a year has made.

Over the last year I have learned so much.  I am just beginning to realize just what I am capable of and am gaining the confidence to actually do it.

So what is the 2nd reason?  Well today an article I wrote and submitted to Mormon Women Stand has been published.  This is part of learning about what I am capable of.  Before my writing was just to put an idea down on paper so I could get it out and stop bugging my family with my opinions.  I really didn't believe that what I had to say had value.  I had felt so marginalized for so long that I really thought that I was better being invisible.  That is no longer the case.  This one event has shown me that there are people out there who not only find what I have to say interesting, but believe that it has value to others as well.

Today marks a new beginning for me.  The last year has been about self-discovery and personal growth.  That is very important especially when you have isolated yourself into a cave and stopped being part of the world.  The next step for me is to take what I have learned and apply it.  Will I stop learning? Absolutely not!  I have only begun to understand just what I am capable of doing.  Yes I have some confidence and excitement, but I have so much more to learn.  i have been given some wonderful talents and gifts.  I am beginning to discover what those are and they are not what I originally thought they were.  The trick now is to figure out just what to do with them and how I can benefit other people with those gifts.

My business will only be part of my journey the next year.  I hope to take what I have learned and be able to help others achieve the kind of transformation I did. I also plan on being very active in my blogging but the tone of what I write will change.  Before it was all about current events and just needing to put my voice down on paper.  Now I blog with an eye to being an inspiration to others and hoping that my journey will have value to others who have struggled like I have.  My fight and struggles are my own, but I hope that you will find some aspect that will help you through a trial in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment