Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Affirmations, Do they really work?

I was first introduced to affirmations when I was in my teens.  I pretty much thought that they were a load of hogwash.  It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that I started to take a look at them again.

I grew up in a pretty negative environment.  As a result my own thinking was pretty negative.  At the first sign of trouble the thoughts would spiral and I soon had the future looking as grim as possible.  Is it any wonder that I kept quitting the direct marketing industry?


So about a year and a half ago I decided to make a change.  I recognized my negative mindset for what it was.  I wanted it to change because I wanted to be happier.  I began to read books about positive mindset and one of the things that was recommended were positive affirmation.  Even though they didn't work for me before I decided to give the a try again.

I started with some pretty simple ones and I said them in front of the mirror twice a day.  The first step was saying them like I believed that they would work.  After awhile the way that I looked at things actually changed.  What I was doing was working.

Once my mindset began to change I created new affirmations that dealt with my business.  I found that the things that I wanted to happen in my business were not happening, but I was more confident that they actually would and began to take set-backs in stride instead of being devastated by them.

I continue to read books and fine tune the affirmations that I use.  In fact I just wrote some new ones yesterday.  One of the ones I wrote out was one I had started using the previous week.  It reads I am attracting financial abundance, money flows easily and quickly to me.  Would you believe that the very next day I was at Wal-Mart getting some workout gear and some things for dinner.  I was walking down the isle and some promotional people from Capital One walked by and handed me a $25 gift card.

Coincidence or the affirmation beginning to work?  I will let you decide.

Here is what I know.  When it comes to changing your attitude and internal dialog positive affirmations really do work.  By using positive affirmations you may not magically see an increase in your business, but you may find that the work required in order to grow your business becomes easier as you gain confidence and train your mind to change your attitude about the work tasks required.

As a result of this new attitude and confidence you will see an increase in your business.


No comments:

Post a Comment