Monday, April 10, 2017

Detours and Silver Linings

Last week I wasn't able to get anything done.  I caught a cold and then hurt my back.  Every time I coughed or sneezed I hurt my back more.  Besides the cold medicine I was taking a muscle relaxer so I was not exactly with it.

So now I am able to move around and I am on the tail end of my cold so its time to get back to business.  Things happen.  We find detours along our journey, but remember your destination remains the same.

It would be so easy to step back and say that's it.  I give up.  I can't gain the momentum I need to succeed if I am going to keep having these curve balls thrown at me.  The trick is to learn how to allow for those unexpected happenings and adjust your goals and timing in order to achieve your dreams.

I have a friend who is a runner.  She has run half marathons and Tough Mudder races.  She injured herself and has been unable to run.  That didn't stop her, she decided take a detour and become a certified personal trainer.  She is hoping that her physical therapist will allow her to get back to running soon, but in the meantime she is helping others to get fit and healthy.


Taking a slight detour does not have to mean giving up on your original goal.  It just means that you are adding some additional experiences to your journey.  Once the detour is over than you can resume your original path.  You never know when that detour might make the difference and change your path just enough to push you to the success you desire.

Look for the silver linings in the clouds and you will find your journey to be so much more than you ever thought it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment