Monday, March 6, 2017

Motivation and momentum

So today is Monday.  Its the beginning of the week and a day to set the tone for the rest of the week.  What exactly does that mean?  For me it means that I look at all that I want to get done today and I make sure that I get it done.  I am a big planner and list maker.  I plan yearly, monthly, weekly and daily.  My grocery runs take very little time because I write down what I need to get and only get what is on my list.  If something comes up that needs to be done it goes on my to do list.

Some of you may think that writing everything down and planning so regularly makes me a little rigid.  I will admit that there was a time that I would have my list and one of the things I would put on that list would be to make the bed.  On Saturdays my husband would stay in bed and watch t.v.  just so I couldn't make it and watch me go crazy.  I did get over that.  I learned that there are things that are priorities and things that are not.  So I learned to be flexible with my list and schedules.

That being the case why do I make sure that I do everything on my list on Monday's?  Simply put doing my entire Monday list sets the tone for the rest of the week.  If I get it all done I begin a routine and then the rest of my week looks very much the same.  If I am lazy on Monday and don't get my list done, its pretty likely that the rest of my week will look much the same.

My daily list consist of household chores, personal development, school for my daughter(we homeschool), business tasks for my Plexus business, Meditation time, exercise time and scheduled appointments and meetings.  For example today's list includes changing and making the beds, grocery shopping, laundry, school, exercise, scriptures, journaling, vacuuming, taking my supplements, blogging, personal development and saying my affirmations.  There are other things on there as well, but I don't put things like dishes and making dinner because that won't get done unless I do them at this point and they stare at me until I do them.

I am a self motivator.  I don't  generally need someone else to encourage me to get things done, but when it comes to unpleasant task especially in my business it is sometimes helpful to have an accountability partner.  In the direct sales business if you are not meeting and talking to new people your business doesn't grow.  If I have to report to someone that I actually talked to people, I am a little more likely to do it.  I try to reach out to 3 new people 6 days a week about my products or business opportunity.  Eventually the consistency will pay off and I will be running a highly successful business.  That is only if I am consistent.

When it comes to my business I am still working on being consistent and not coming up with excuses.  85% of the people who consistently work their business for 5 years end up in the top income bracket for their company. That is what I want to reach for.  I just finished year one, but I wasn't very consistent.  I am looking for this next year to go even better as I apply all that I have learned and consistently do the things that will get my products and business in front of people.  I still have a long way to go, but I am amazed at how far I have come in the last year.  I can't wait to see where I will be next year at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment