Thursday, March 2, 2017

Transition, transformation and evolution.

I haven't posted a blog in quite awhile.  Life happened and my focus changed.  Recently I have had some things happen in my life that has once again changed my perspective.  A year ago I was depressed, lacked motivation and felt I had no purpose in my life.  I went looking.  I thought about going back to school, but still could find no degree program I was interested in.  I did take some free online classes.  I started a local women's Facebook group to bring women in my congregation together with a thought of doing the same for women locally outside of my congregation.  Then I was asked to give Plexus products a try.


This is not a blog to try and get you anywhere near Plexus.  This is simply the story of how my life has changed since then.  I am getting ready to celebrate one year with this company and I want to share just how my life has changed as a result.  Is Plexus the cause?  Well it might have had a hand in it, but I was looking to change and Plexus has been the vehicle that has allowed me to do so.


I was really looking for something, anything that would get me out of the mire I had found myself in and I felt that the first step would be losing weight.  I signed up with Plexus as a wholesale buyer thinking that there was no way the products would work.  I not only lost weight, but I felt so much better that my whole outlook on life changed.  I decided to give the business a go.


I will be honest, I am not wildly successful in the business of Plexus.  I have no recruits and only a few customers after almost a year of effort.  That is not why I am transforming.  When I started with Plexus I had isolated myself and had no friends.  Now almost a year later and I find myself out of the house more often than in the house.  My weekends are busy and not just with stuff for Plexus.  In my effort to build a business I started joining meetup groups, going to events, networking with other women and joining Facebook groups that find me not only seeking, but offering support to others.  I started reading everything I could about social network marketing, business building, and confidence building.

I have not reached my weight loss goals, but I am working out and eating healthier.  I will get there in time as I stick with my healthy habits that have been hit and miss the past year.  I have been surprised at the strength that I didn't realize I had and what I am truly capable of doing.

Over the last year I have been homeschooling my now 6 year old.  We started out with a co-op.  At first I was just a helper for a couple of classes.  For the 2nd semester I am teaching 2 classes and helping with a 3rd.  I just married of my 2nd youngest daughter at age 18 to a wonderful man.  It has been hectic and joyful at the same time.  I also submitted a post for an organization that reaches close to 60,000 and had it accepted.  This has caused me to come back to my blog and pick it up again.  Just maybe I do have something to say that can inspire and build another person.

I am still at the beginning of this journey and I hope that you dear reader find value in the insights i pick up and choose to share as I continue on the road of transition, transformation and evolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment