Monday, March 13, 2017

Over coming challenges part one

I thought that I would do a series on overcoming challenges this week.  All of us face challenges everyday.  Those challenges can go from being small like your alarm not going off and being late to an  appointment to the bigger things like losing a multi-million dollar account to a competitor.  Life happens and things get in the way of us making our goal come to fruition.

This weekend was one of those challenges.  I had plans to blog, follow up with prospects and then rest and rejuvinate on Sunday to prepare for the following week.  Well things did not go according to plan.  Friday night I was asked to help set-up on Saturday for my nieces wedding.  What I thought would take a few hours ended up being an all day thing, with just enough time to get home to shower and get my family ready to attend the wedding.  At the wedding I was far more involved than I had planned to be and didn't get home until past 10PM.  It was daylight savings time and we had church at 9AM the next morning.  I had every intention of going to church on Sunday.  My alarm went off at 7 in plenty of time to get up and get ready.  As I went to go turn my alarm off the realization that not only did I have a headache, but every part of my body was in pain from a bad fibromyalgia flare hit me and I realized that church was not going to happen.  It didn't matter how much rest I got I was exhausted all day and then I couldn't get to sleep last night and neither did my 6 year old.  So I didn't get back on schedule for home school and exercise either this morning.

So what now?  My entire schedule for the last 3 days has been completely derailed and my routine disturbed.  Do I let this derail me for the rest of the week?  Of course not.  This is just a minor set-back and can easily be overcome and put back on track.  So how will I do this?  I need to look at what I can catch up on, decide on what can't and then plan the rest of my day and week accordingly.  So my blog posts for the weekend will be eliminated and that's okay.  The follow ups can be done today.  School for today can be skipped and started up once again on Wednesday after co-op on Tuesday.  I can reevaluate my readiness for exercise tomorrow, but follow my nutrition plan and take my supplements today.  By the end of the week my schedule should be back to what was intended and this set of challenges will only be a small bump on the road.

We can't always control what is thrown our way, but we can control how we handle those challenges.  The rest of this week I will be talking about different ways to handle challenges big and small.  I hope that my words will help you see your challenges is a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment