Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Switching gears from activity oriented to results oriented

I have been making a grave error in the running of my business.  I have been making my goals activity based instead of results based.  The reason that I was doing that was because I felt that if I focused on the activity the results would come.  I felt that I would get less discouraged if I was meeting my activity goals even if the results weren't there.

Can you see what is wrong with that way of thinking?

What good is business activity if there are no results from that activity?

I find myself needing to rethink my strategies.  That's great if I am meeting all of my reach out goals each day, but if that activity doesn't produce sales or recruits what good is that activity?

Clearly the way that I am doing things is not working so I need to find a new way of doing things., I think that the next step needs to be making result goals instead of activity goals.  My goals need to be based on sales and recruits.  If I am not reaching those goals then I need to do more to reach those goal or maybe change the way that I plan to reach those goals.

The longer I go without getting the kind of results that I want, the less credibility and trust others will have in me.  If I have no credibility or trust who is going to want to join my team and follow me?

So here is some advice for you today.  If you find yourself nowhere near where you want to be after some time of working towards that goal, maybe its time to reassess what you are doing and make a change.

How do you expect different results if you keep doing the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment