Thursday, August 10, 2017

I have leads now what?

Things are getting very exciting for me.  I have been reaching out and getting my business out there.  yesterday I came home from a baby shower to a couple of messages about one of my businesses.  I of course responded immediately.  It was after 9 at night so I haven't heard back from either one of them.

For the first time ever I have multiple prospects for customers and Ambassadors in both of my businesses.  I currently have 5 prospects I am working with for Plexus and 3 for Fundanoodle Learning.

Okay so I have prospects and now is the time to follow up with them.  Not following up with them unless they are already decided would gain me nothing.  The wrong follow up could chase them away and the right follow up can result in customers and team members.

Right now is the time to really listen to the prospects and find out exactly what they are looking for and how I can fulfill their need.  Listening will be my most important skill to utilize.  The right follow up is about finding out how to meet the needs of the prospect and not my own agenda.

For example last month I began a conversation with a prospective customer and possibly a team member.  I gave her all the info she requested and was told that she would order, I would just need to remind her because she took her time with these things and did her research.  I eventually asked her if she planned to purchase last month or this month and how often she wished to be contacted.  I was told she would order this month and that she preferred a follow up once a month.  If I were to follow up with her every week I would lose the prospect.

Last night one of my prospects was asking about the product to help balance blood sugar.  I gave her just the information on that one product.  Later today I will give her information on our gut health additions that would not only balance her blood sugar but help her to process her digestion better.  That better digestion would help with the balance of blood sugar through more efficient absorption of nutrients.

Each prospect has a different need to meet and my interaction will be different with each one.

Its exciting to have prospects to work on, but if I only focus on those prospects what happens when I have gotten my yes or no from them?  Even though I have prospects now, if I don't continue to look for new prospects now I will stop any forward momentum I am beginning.  So sitting back and resting on my laurels while mining my current prospects is not the way to go.  If I want to push my momentum into high gear I need to push even harder at finding prospective customers and team members.  The work I do today will be the results I get tomorrow, so if I do not want a gap in my growth I need to not have a gap in my push to work my business.


No comments:

Post a Comment