Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Who is Uniqueworldmom?

I wanted to take a couple of days to talk about who I am and what the purpose for my blog is.  I have done a little bit in previous posts, but I wanted to really talk about who I am and why I do what I do.

I am a 47 year old woman who claims 7 children.  I have one foster son who turns 29 next month.  I have 22 step-sons who are 26 and 25 and then I have 4 biological children ages 23, 20, 19 and 6.  Yes we had a surprise late in life baby.

When I was asked what I wanted to do when I grew up I always said that I wanted to be a Mom.  I was never taken seriously and then next question is no what career do you want to have and the answer would always be the same.

Yes my values and views can be considered old fashioned.  I have even been called sexist.  I was raised to believe that if you are married and have children your first priority is to be at home to raise your children because they are the future of society.  That didn't mean I felt that women were inferior or that what women did was less important than what men did.  In fact I felt like what women did was often more important than what men did.  Men supported and protected the family, but the women were the heart and soul of the family.

Family is the core of the meaning of life. Our children are our legacy and the whole purpose of marriage is to create a family unit.  Marriage to me is not the end result of a relationship it is the beginning.  It is not an expression of love.  The sole purpose of marriage is to create and raise children.  Based on that description you can deduct that my belief system is conservative.

That being said.  I was raised with Judeo-Christian values.  I believe firmly in those values, but I also believe that we were given free agency.  Everyone has the right to exercise that free agency and we don't have a right to judge others for doing so.  That doesn't mean that I won't stand up and say that I believe that certain laws are wrong.  I just won't judge a person for not living the same values that I do.

I believe that things like drugs and prostitution should be legalized, regulated and taxed in order to protect the innocent and provide revenue.  Prostitution has been around forever and is not going away.  If we legalize it, regulate it to ensure the health of the providers so that diseases are not spread and brought home to innocent victims we will free up the legal system to deal with more important crimes.  We can not legislate morality.  Likewise for drugs, our laws are confusing by having some drugs like caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and marijuana legal but making others illegal.  Why not legalize it all.  Regulate it and then tax it.  By regulating it you insure that the drugs available will at least not kill someone on a first time use with a small dose.  Criminal organizations whose sole industry was in these two areas would have to find other ways to do business or go legal.

So my world view is a little different than most.  I still believe that keeping the Sabbath Day holy is an important commandment even though the 10 commandments were done away with by Jesus.  The commandments of Love God above all other things and Love thy neighbor as thyself replace them.  The key words in both of these commandments is Love and we should show that to all humankind.

Now that you know a little about my views, I plan to talk about the purpose behind this blog tomorrow.  Hope you come back and read it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment