Monday, August 28, 2017

Dreaming Big Versus Dreaming Small

First of all I want to apologize.  I blew it.  I let my birthday and the fact that nothing seemed to be moving in my business get to me.  I shut down for the last week and did absolutely nothing.  I have no excuses.  I just did it.

I got back on the train today and got back into my routine by starting a new business book.  As I began reading I would like to say I had an AHA moment.

Every time that I have started up on an entrepreneurial journey.  I have started with the idea of it would be nice to succeed.  It would be nice to have extra money.  It would be nice to be able to afford some nice things.  Does this sound like a solid dream to you?

As I began this journey in March of 2016 I did my dream statement.  It was all about getting out of debt, having money to educate my youngest, having the home of my dreams and driving a brand new car straight from the factory off of a car lot.  In reality I had the attitude that I had enough to get by and while having nice things would be nice, my dreams were pretty small.

Those dreams have morphed a little bit as the circumstances of my life have changed.  Still my dreams remain small.  The largest dream is of being financially independent.

Here is what my dreams lack.  Anything of substance.  I have no dream trips, no dream car, no dream house in mind.  I don't seem to have a comprehension of the kind of life I could have because being closer to 50 than 40 I have had the same lifestyle my entire life.  In fact my lifestyle is a bit less than the one I had in childhood and that is saying a lot.

Is it any wonder that I am having a hard time holding on to the desire to continue in the face of obstacles?

Its time to stop thinking small.  I need to be thinking about how I would live my life if money were no object.   I may even have to do a little bit of research into what is out there.  I may have to get over some fears in order to create a picture of a dream existence.  Its hard to dream big if you have no exposure to a lifestyle outside your own.  Its time to stop being oblivious to anything outside of my own little world.

I have a tendency to see things in the world that I can't have right now and convince myself that I don't want them and don't need them so why bother going after them.  Do you think that might be hampering my success a little bit.

In order to succeed big you need to dream big.  You can not create a new reality if you can not visualize a new reality for yourself.  This is something that I am learning.  If I can finally grasp this concept, maybe I will finally have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment