Wednesday, August 16, 2017

All work and no play is not advised

Wow its already Wednesday.  Time flies when your schedule is full.  I am pushing very hard this month to get my business running.  As a result I have been posing, talking to people, doing vendor events, play dates and learning fairs.  I am also beginning our homeschool year and caring for my family.

Here is the thing, I don't see this letting up anytime soon.  As we head into back to school season we quickly move into holiday season.  For direct sales this is the highest volume season of the year.  I am hoping to capitalize this to build a firm foundation for my business so that the low volume season that is Jan and Feb doesn't hit so hard.

Of course the health and wellness season is Sept -Oct and then Jan- Feb and then again April -June  as people turn their minds to new beginnings or even summer bodies.

I am doing 2 types of businesses with differing busy seasons.  So When do I take a break?  For now long breaks are not a possibility if I want to have a strong, smoothly running business.  That doesn't mean that I can't schedule a series of small breaks.

My birthday is on Sunday, but I am not really taking down time this month.  Labor Day will be here in a couple of weeks so I can take a couple of days there.  My husbands birthday is in October and its on a Saturday so some down time there would be good.  Then there is the Thanksgiving holiday and two weeks of Christmas break.

I really don't want to burnout so these breaks will be vital to my mental health and well being.  Getting a business up takes work and effort, but we need to remember to take time out to rest and rejuvenate.  This will help keep our energy up during those super busy times.

Each mini break will allow me to de-stress and be ready to come back strong.  Time with family, pampering sessions, quiet time or anything that is fun or exciting gives energy that can be used to ultimately fuel the machine that is needed to build a business.  To much downtime and you get nothing done.  Too little downtime and the machine breaks down.

Remember to take time out for self care and fun.  You won't regret doing that, but you may regret not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment