Monday, August 7, 2017

Attitude is Everything

Saturday I had my first home party for my early education business, Fundanoodle Learning.  I took much time to prepare and was looking forward to this event.  I was so hopeful that there would be great attendance, lots of sales and 3 bookings for new events.

Here is what really happened.  The hostess had 2 people show up.  We had a great time talking about the products I have and other things pertaining to special needs children.  The 2 people who did come did not order anything.  The one because the one thing she wanted was on a stop sell while awaiting restock and the other because it was too young for her child.

I could have looked at that and decided that this play date was a huge failure and that Like all my other businesses I was doomed to flop.  This is something that I have done in the past.

So here is the other information on what happened.  We decided to hold the event open until the 16th so those who were unable to attend would be able to wait until the next military payday.  The one person who's children were to old for my products decided to take an order form and a product sheet to show to some of her friends, I was asked to email the other attendee when the product was restocked,  and one of the people who wanted to come but had an issue at the last minute wants to join the company.

I still have 2 more vendor events and a learning fair scheduled this month.  I didn't put all of my eggs in one basket by hoping this one event would jumpstart my business.

I have had this same type of experience before and it left me depressed and discouraged.  This time its different.  This time I am looking at what I can learn from this and do better next time.  I had already made some changes to my game plan  and can't wait to implement them.  Each opportunity that I have in my business is an opportunity to learn what will work and what won't. Each business exercise gives me the ability to refine my process and approaches.

The big difference between now and before is my attitude.  In previous attempts each obstacle became a stopping block.  Each challenge became a reason to quit.  Now I see the groundwork for a great business.  I am looking forward to what I can do better instead of looking at what went wrong.

When it comes to overcoming obstacles in life, attitude is everything.  Your attitude will decide how you will face your obstacles.  Change your attitude, change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment