Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Power of Gratitude



It has been said that you can't expect more in your life if you are not grateful for what you already have.  When we focus on our blessings instead our lack we change our perspective and attitude.

How many of us have sat and gone through the woe is me phase?  You know the one.  The one where we sit and contemplate all that is going wrong in our lives.  What did this accomplish?  Did it make it better?  Did it make you happy?  Did it change anything?

On the flip side, think of a time where you thought about all that was going right in your life and all that you had.  Did you have peace?  Did you want to share that peace?  Was life good?

I have done both.  What I have learned that focusing on being grateful for all that I had changed the way I thought about things.  Instead of my life being limiting, I found motivation to become more.

I may have run into some difficult stages but dealing with those stages with a negative attitude was very different than dealing with it having a positive attitude.  Having a negative attitude only made things get worse, but having a positive attitude helped me to change the direction my life was going.

When we are truly grateful for our lives and all of the blessings that we do have we feel joy.  That joy often prompts us to spread the joy that we feel.  When we try to spread that joy we find the not so good things much easier to deal with.

As our gratitude increases we find ourselves taking action to create more to be grateful for.  The miracles we see can be attributed to a change in attitude and activity in ourselves.  Those miracles were probably already there just waiting for you to notice them or take action to make them happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment