Friday, July 14, 2017

Book Review: Out of The Silent Planet



C.S. Lewis is a classic author most known for his Narnia Chronicals.  He was a very prolific writer and actually also wrote a science fiction trilogy.

Out of The Silent Planet is the first book in C. S. Lewis's Science Fiction trilogy.

I have a tendency to dislike British authors and especially classical British authors.  I did like C. S. Lewis's Screwtape letters, but until now had not read any of his other works.

I found Out of the Silent Planet to have a slow plot line.  Believe it or not even in this work of science fiction you will find some not so subtle christian themes.

This book was written long before the people of  our planet made it to space.  You can tell that C.S. Lewis had no idea about how space travel would work.  As a result the book lacks any explanation on how space travel would occur.

I understand why this science fiction trilogy is not well read.  Due to his lack of knowledge or understanding of science there is no foundation for the story.  The antagonists are not well developed.

I am also not a big reader of science fiction stories.  This was not my usual choice of genre and I thought that I would give it a try.

I didn't really like this book, but it did give some interesting concepts to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment