Friday, July 21, 2017

Motivation to succeed

I am going through some difficult life changes right now.  During this time I am getting more motivated to build a successful business.

Yesterday it was made quite clear to me that a person I am very close to has no faith that I will succeed in my business endeavors. It was a huge slap in the face.  I could decide to agree with this person and quit right now, or I can use it to help drive my motivation and determination.

When I first started getting back into direct sales my motivation or my why was pretty vague. As time went on over the last year and a half it has morphed and changed.  This has been a good thing.  My original why was something that would be nice to have but not something that I had to have.  No matter how I tried to find something that would motivate me beyond the casual conducting of my business, my life was okay.  I had enough, more would be nice, but it wasn't necessary.  Yes the personal development part of working on my business was necessary, but the money wasn't.  It is really hard to stay motivated to build a business when nothing seems to be going your way, if you don't have a concrete reason you need to be successful.

I predict a huge spurt of growth in the very near future.  Here is why.  The money portion of the business is no longer a luxury, but a necessity.  If I wish to continue to homeschool my 6 year old and not have to go out and get a job,  I need to make a significant amount of money from my businesses.
There is really one more motivating factor that will make a huge difference to my success.  I got my stubborn on when I was told I will eventually have to go out and get a job.  I now have to prove to this person that they are wrong and that I can make a success out of what I am doing.

This is what is going to motivate me.  Now you may be struggling with your own goals or business.  Maybe you also lack a why strong enough to motivate you to actually reach your goal or have success in your business.  Maybe you have built in a safety net and knowing you have this safety net, it has prevented you from going all in.  If that is the case it is time to take off the training wheels.  Find that one or two things that will hit you right in the gut.  A reason so big that you just have to get it done.  If you need to eliminate that safety net in order to make yourself go all in, do it.

Its not enough to want success.  For most, that success will not come easily.  You have to need that success like the very air you breathe.  When you find a why or motivation that will do that for you, you will find that elusive success.

No comments:

Post a Comment