Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Facing the unknown

Today is the launch of my new business venture.  I am experiencing a variety of emotions. Excitement for the beginning of a new journey.  Anxiety over doing something new.  Fear that this one will be no different in its path as any of my others.

I am a big picture kind of gal that gets lost in the details.  I know what my ultimate goal is,  I know what needs to happen to get there and I am willing to work to do those things that are necessary.

Here is where I get lost.  What I want to have happen  as I do my work and what actually happens are usually two different things.  Its hard for me to have fantasized about events going overwhelmingly successful then have them only go so so.  Its experiences like that, that have me sweating and sick to my stomach.  It is hard to have things happen much slower than I would like.

I try really hard to not play the what if game.  What ifs have a tendency to go to extremes.  What if I fail again to what if I am so successful that I am not up to the task?

I was on a conference call last night and they were talking about doing Facebook live and other marketing strategies.  Here I am going I just started, I am not ready for that.  That is okay.  We are never meant to walk, run, learn, do etc more than we are ready for.

The thought of having a successful business can cause as much anxiety as failing for me.  I have a lot of experience with things not going where I want them to go and little experience with things going right.  I know how to act if things do not go well, but what will I do if what I set myself up for happens?

What I do not want to do is begin to sabotage all of the work I have done over the years and begin to unknowingly do things that will ultimately end my journey prematurely.  What I do want is to focus on each event and activity as it comes.  I need to focus on what I am doing now and not on what might happen.

As I launch my business, I know that I have done all I could to have a successful launch.  If I continue to focus on the activity and not on the outcome then I do not activate my anxieties and fears.  Even if my launch does not go as planned I will have learned valuable information and will be able to focus on other ways of building my business.  I have more than one iron in the fire and with time things will all come together if I keep producing activity.  The right activity will lead to what I want when I am completely ready for it.  These are lessons I have come know over the years.  Now to apply them with confidence and I am ready for the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment