Monday, May 29, 2017

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales







So this weekend I went to see the 5th installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series.  I had already seen the other 4 so this was something I had to go see.

I won't do any spoilers so don't be afraid to read this is you haven't seen it yet.  In this movie you will find at least an appearance of the original characters from the 1st and second movies.  Then there are some definite new characters.  The CGI in this movie is great, but you will find a recycling of old ides from all of the previous movies.  You have the quest, the ghosts and Jack's crew.

I will say that this 5th movie does bring all the movies full circle and closes out the storyline while leaving it open for more adventures with Jack Sparrow.

Is this movie appropriate for all family members?  Some of the scenes can be quite scary and there is quite a bit of sexual innuendo.  Where  other movies imply Jack's drunkenness this movie outright shows it.  I wouldn't bring any child under 13 to it.

Overall there were some parts of the movie that were quite slow, but you were kept hoping for the continuance of the movie.  While it wasn't my favorite movie of the year I did find it enjoyable.  I would rate this movie 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Will there be another movie? I think that will depend on the numbers from this movie and if the writers can come up with a new storyline.  If it is a smash hit there will probably be another one, but if it only does so so I believe they will move on to other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment