Monday, May 22, 2017

Its all about commitment

The other day I realized that several things were happening in my life.  I was not meeting my weight loss goals and I was not meeting my business goals.  In fact things seemed to be going the wrong direction.  I needed to figure out why.  Here was the reason.  I stopped doing the things I needed to do to achieve my goals.

Why did I stop doing those things to help me to meet my goals?  My commitment level dropped.  I was more interested in the right now than the long term picture.

So what do I do about it.  It is time to recommit myself to my dreams and goals.  It is easy to stay committed when everything is falling into place and going the right way.  When things are a struggle it is easier to drop back and say I don't want to do that today.  I want to do something else.

Yes I want to lose weight so that I am healthy, fit and have the energy I need to do all the other things I have planned for my life.  Exercise and monitoring my food is hard.  Someone once said it is hard to be sick and tired and it is hard to exercise and eat right.  Choose your hard.  Taking my supplements is great but unless I exercise and regulate my food I don't get all of the benefits.  I still get some, but I am no where near where I want to be in my health.

Getting a business off the ground is not an easy prospect.  Finding the right products or services and reaching the right people can seem overwhelming.  When things don't go as planned it is so easy to throw up your hands and say that's it I quit.

For me my business isn't necessarily all about the money.  I do see the benefits of having more money and being able to do more with my family or being able to help others.  Most of why I do my business centers on becoming the best me I can be.  Health wise, socially, skill wise and personality wise it is better for me to have something productive to do other than raising my children and taking care of the home.

Once again I can live my life miserable because it has no clear purpose or meaning or I can work to create something that will not only benefit me but others as well.  Once again choose your hard.

Commitment in the beginning is easy, its easy when things are going right.  So its when things are not going the way we want or as quickly as we want that our commitment waivers.  All of us will face this challenge.  Being aware of our waning commitment is half of the battle.  Once you see it you have a decision to make.  Recommit yourself or give up.  It is that simple.  You either stay committed to your goals or you move on.

Don't make the decision lightly.  You see what you are up against.  Are you really ready to do what it takes to make it work? Can you afford to not make it work?  Where will you be if you give up?  Will your life be better or worse in the long term with either decision?  Being committed is up to you.  No one else can do it for you.  So what will it be recommit or give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment