Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday Madness

Its that time of the week again.  You know the one. The one where you have to get back into  routine after a busy weekend.  Yep its Monday again.

I seem to usually like Monday's.  I seem to see each new week as a brand new beginning. I leave the mistakes of last week behind and focus on what I can do better this week.  My Mom was in town last week so I was so off schedule it wasn't funny.  She left Thursday, but I just couldn't seem to get back into my usual weekday routine after that.

So today was not just get back into a routine after a crazy weekend, but get back into routine after a crazy week.  I am getting things done, but I just feel like I am lagging behind and not wanting to do it right now.

The good news is that I have over half of my routine done.  The bad news is that I still have a couple of hours of things to do.

In the summer it gets hot and its hard to want to do more than laze around and do nothing anyway.  So Today I am doing some little tricks to get it all done.  After I got back from my grocery shopping I told myself that I couldn't do my games or read until I got the chores done.  

I have put the groceries away, Finished laundry, changed bedding and now I am working on my blog.  Its only been a little over an hour so I am feeling productive once again.  I still need to do dishes, vacuuming and 30 minutes of personal development reading.

After those are done tonight is family time with dinner to be made.  I have made some business posts this morning so except for a conference call tonight late than the rest of the time is mine.

Getting up at 7 instead of 5:30 leaves me feeling not as productive, but with late night conference calls and a daughter that doesn't want to get up at 7:30 I am trying to find a better schedule that suits my needs.  Maybe I should try 6:30 and getting my daughter up at 8:30 instead.

In the meantime I still feel like I have a million things to do even though I don't and so its time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment