Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Growing as a leader

Last week I did something new for me.  I am with a fairly new Direct Sales company and they are still forming their training procedures.  As I saw posts in the group Facebook page I noticed a need from several People.  I decided to do something about it.

I am very new to Facebook Live and I am really new to the company.  I felt that I had something of value to offer the group so on my own without asking I decided to hold a Facebook live to address a need that I saw in the group.  I didn't ask anyone if I could do it and I didn't plan it out very well.  The quality of the recording was not necessarily the best and I did not get many comments on it.  I only had 2 people attend as well.  That was all part of the plan because I was nervous and didn't want a lot of live attendees.  Once I posted it though I couldn't take it back.

Last night in our weekly national sales call I was thanked for doing it.  I felt pretty good about the pat on the back but thought that maybe next time I should ask first and be better organized.

Right now I do not have a team of my own, but I hope to change that soon.  In the meantime I am trying to help the company out by offering tips and suggestions that I have seen be successful in other direct sales party based companies.  I emailed the corporate offices about some suggested additions to our hostess program and I have come up with a few proposals of classes to offer at our yearly conference taking place in February.

I am by no means an expert, but I want to develop the leadership skills that I know that I have not had a chance to develop and I am seeing my first opportunity to do so.  I have never been this bold before and I am really liking the results that I am seeing.

I have a lot planned in the coming months with this new company and hope to be able to accomplish more in the first year with them than I have with any other company.  I hope that with all the personal and business development that I am doing I will be able to start attracting people who want to do the same.

I am trying to travel a very thin line between being a leader and being pushy and intrusive.  I hope that I am accomplishing what I intended.

If you would like to grow yourself as a leader you need to start stepping out of your comfort zone and start taking the lead where you see a need.  Take courage and be bold.  It will get easier the more you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment