Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Does the average life have to be mundane?

Some days I find it difficult to come up with something to write.  I don't really want to write about the same things over and over again.  If I did I would never get any readers.  I am an ordinary housewife trying to live an extraordinary life.  Most of my days are routine and full of household chores, teaching my 6 year old and trying to come up with ways to expand my circle of influence so that I can build a successful direct sales marketing business.

As I go through life I try to find little things that I can do in order to get outside the mundane life that I lead.  I used to disappear inside a book and the fantasy world it created.  Now I look for ways to reach out to new people, find new experiences and pursue new avenues to learn new things.

Most of us don't get to live the kind of life where millions adore us and know who we are.  Most of us aren't pursuing major discoveries that can change the world and most of us don't have the kind of money it takes to create foundations that will help large amounts of people.  Most of us are living an average life.

So if you are living the average life, how can you make a difference?  There are so many ways and they are too numerous to count.

It can be the simplest of things that can do the most good.  A smile to the person passing you on the street.  A kind word to someone having a bad day.  Helping someone carry their groceries or other heavy objects.  These little things can have an amazing ripple effect where you never know where your one good deed will lead.

Some of you may say that's great, but it is not enough.  You may not think it matters much but to that one person you helped it matters a great deal.

So maybe you are looking for a greater impact upon the world.  That kind of impact doesn't usually fall into your lap.  To have great impact on the world around you it takes an intentional plan to do so.  You start by asking yourself what kind of impact on the world do you want to have.  Then you start asking questions such as what does that look like and how do I make it happen.  You start doing your research on what it is you need to do to make that impact and you begin to plan a process that will help you do so.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the average life left more of a good impact on the world than it currently does today?  In order for that to happen it  is those who live the average life that have to step up to the plate and make that change possible.

If you live an average life like I do start asking yourself what can you do to increase your good impact on the world and watch what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment