Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fitness, Parenting and Running a Business

Each day is a new day.  I wake up with a long list of things to get done each day.  Most of us do.  Between trying to take care of myself through exercise, getting enough sleep and eating right, Raising my 6 year old child, and working to build a profitable business, life can sometimes seem overwhelming.

I am also a Christian and there is one thing that I have learned and kind of dubbed the 11th commandment.  Thou Salt not walk faster than you are able.  If you are not a Christian that is okay because this applies to you as well.

We all have the same 24 hours in a day.  Yes we can optimize them through great time management, but we still have the same 24 hours.  Our time should be allocated according to our priorities, but that is not always the case.

I walk a fine line between taking care of my own needs, taking care of my families needs and taking care of my businesses needs.  Sometimes one of those needs must override the other two sets of needs.  This is not uncommon when you wear many hats. We can only do so much.

Finding that balance between all the needs that are calling to be addressed is not always easy.  Sometimes its not even possible.  

As much as I would like to run my business like a corporate engine, its not possible for me right now, at least not if I want to make my family a priority, and that means that I may not achieve my dreams as quickly as I would like.  

I still have a steep learning curve when it comes to parts of my business and that means that my business growth is dictated by my knowledge and skill.  Trying to do more than I am ready for can lead to frustration, disappointment and the desire to quit.  Slowly adjusting my business practices as I learn new things will bring growth at a rate that is handleable for me until I get to the point that my business is ready to explode.  When that happens I will be ready for it.

Until then, I focus on my priorities and do the activities required to meet the needs that I am able to right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment