Thursday, June 29, 2017

Summer marketing troubles

Summertime is here and that means that schedules and activities change based on school being out and the weather being warm.  How do you keep up your own drive when others seem to use summer as downtime?

Direct sales can be quite seasonal.  The beginning of the year tends to be slow if you don't set yourself up for a busy schedule.  Spring begins to pick-up as people get their tax money in,  Summer seems to slow down as kids are out of school and people take vacations.  Then come fall things start to pick-up again with activity really picking up for the holiday season.

If you understand the cyclical nature of direct sales then it is easier to keep frustration at bay.  If things seem slow realize that is quite normal.  Then if you don't like it work more instead of less.

Summer is an excellent time for outdoor vendor events.   I have been able to fill my schedule with these as I work to book party dates for my business.  I introduce my product to more people and I have the opportunity to practice listening and meeting needs of the people I talk to.

I started my fundanoodle business as things were winding down for summer and so I wasn't able to set my summer up for writing camps or other summer marketing campaigns.  I hope to be able to do so next year.

In the meantime I will continue to talk about Fundanoodle, do my follow-ups with people I do make contact with and work to build a busy schedule for the fall and holiday season.  I have 3 events to do in July and two of them are for educators or school fundraisers.

I do need to work on reaching out to those parents that I talk to at the library.  One of these days I will start opening my mouth about what I do with them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment