Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Going from Negative to Positive Mindset

I grew up with a negative mindset.  This is because I was always told you can't do that or its time to give up.  There were times when I wanted something so bad that I ignored that mindset and just kept going after what I wanted, but more often I listened to that voice that said it will never happen.  I spent my life listening to that negative voice of its not possible, it will never happen and I can't.

I was able to change that dialog in my head. I do have my bad days and it is a constant battle to override that negative programming, but I have changed my outlook on life.


Are you wanting to know how I did it yet?  Its both simple and complicated.  Simple because the tasks required to make these changes are simple.  Complicated because it is a lot of work.

The first thing that I had to do was to identify the negative voice inside my head.  Then every time that voice spoke up I had to decide to stop that thought and replace it with something positive.  Once I was able to do that then I had to intentionally create a positive voice in my head.

Here are some of the ways I did that:

1. Affirmations both morning and night.

2. Read positive quotes daily

3. Read self development books by people like Tony Robbins and Dick Tracey

4.  Find groups of positive people to associate with

5. Find a purpose and work toward that.

When you have negative programming it seems like almost every thought is doom and gloom.  You may not even realize it but those negative thoughts are reactionary in nature.  these thoughts facilitate irrational fear.  This fear prevents you from getting out of your comfort zone and growing.  Through positive thinking you can become proactive.

When I first started this process I realized just how much of my thinking was negative in nature.  Most of my thought processes involved some level of negativity.  These thoughts caused me to isolate myself from the world.

Changing my thought processes did not happen overnight.  It took over a year of doing the things listed above.  I am by no means cured of negative programming.  If I stop doing these simple activities I do revert back to that negative programming.  One day I hope that I will completely overcome that negative programming, but for now I will just keep working toward that end.

No comments:

Post a Comment