Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday is here again

Easter Weekend was filled with food, friends, family, fun and worship.  Friday night I did a ladies night out.  I found myself in a group of women who by far outclassed me and I was quite uncomfortable.   All of them had college degrees and actual careers.  Then here was me who attended community college, had spent my life raising children and was just starting out trying to build a direct sales business.  None of the other women were in direct sales.

Here is the thing.  Even though I was uncomfortable and left early, it was a good thing for me.  Because I didn't have a whole lot to contribute to the conversation, I just sat and listened.  That is something that I don't do very often.  I usually find some way to enter the conversation with a similar experience and try to dominate the conversation.  Yes I know this is not a good way to make friends and I am working on it.

One of the ladies there did pull me aside and we had quite a conversation.  I enjoyed talking with her and we did a little bit of networking.  I will be meeting with her on Wednesday to further that relationship.

This is just another example of how we don't grow in our comfort zones.

So today is the beginning of the typical work week.  I have written out my tasks for the week and the day and am as usual ticking them off one by one as I complete them.  I have added a couple of new tasks and have some things I was asked to do by my husband as I am exploring entering into a new business venture.

These new tasks will ultimately give me a different start at this potential business than I have ever done before.  If I take this new business on, it will be after continuing to do research on the company and people I will be involved with as well as well as lining up customers before I begin.  This is different because I have undertaken all other ventures based on emotion and the hope that my launch party will set me up for success.

By doing things differently than I have before I am hoping to change the result.  What I have done in the past hasn't worked and I shouldn't expect that to change if I try the same things again.

Life is certainly interesting and I can't wait to see where I will be at this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment