Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Up for a little fun today

I am a fan of Robin Williams.  I may not be a celebrity watcher and know nothing about his personal life but I have watched his career over the years from his first appearance on Happy Days to his latest films.  I even watched a video of one of his stand-up comedy routines. 

Over the years I have seen Robin Williams do comedic roles, family films, serious roles, suspense films, and cartoons.  Overall he became a versatile actor that could do just about any role, but I think my favorite roles were his funny family roles like Peter Pan and Mrs. Doubtfire to name just two.
I loved watching Mork and Mindy growing up as well.  I grew to appreciate all of his roles and will miss his talent greatly.

I admired Robin Williams constant battle with Bi-Polar  disorder and figure fighting Parkinsons as well was just too much for him to bear.  Unfortunately people jumped on the band wagon right away and held him up as a poster child for suicide prevention hotlines.  I just don't believe his suicide could have been prevented.  His wife was in the home at the time.  He had a plan and he followed it.

Enough sadness.  This is the fun part.  Today I read that the original costume Robin Williams wore as Mork in Mork and Mindy will be auctioned off.  I wonder how much the costume will go for.  He was a very popular actor and comedian, he has passed away which makes it 100 times more valuable(which I don't get) and its from his very first series where he was marketed to the masses.  I know that I would never be able to afford it in a million years.  I figure it will go 5-6 figures in price.

Robin Williams was a person with human frailties just like everyone else.  He did his best to turn his weaknesses into something he could make a living off of and did very well at that.  His instability is what made him such a great entertainer.  May all of us be able to do the same in our lives and be able to love what we do and bring happiness to others as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment